ARE YOU NEW TO OR THINKING ABOUT RECOVERY?
Are colleagues or friends expressing concern about your behavior? What about your spouse or children? If you are in recovery, are you noticing the mental signals of relapse into old habits or behaviors? Those that brought you into recovery in the first place? If so, I.D.E.A.L Recovery Coaching is for YOU.
Recovery Coaching describes an ongoing confidential relationship that helps attorneys and other professionals in recovery, or who are considering recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors, to create extraordinary results in their lives, careers and organizations while promoting their personal recovery objectives.
Recovery is not just abstinence. Recovering from substance use, abuse or addiction implies a complete restoration of physical, mental and spiritual wellness. For many of us, recovery signals victory over the bondage of addiction and addictive behavior.
Addiction and its varied behaviors ruins individuals, tears apart families and torpedoes careers. Regardless of your professional success or standing, you are not immune. You may only have more to lose.
You owe it to yourself to take every measure available to conquer the beast of addiction and ensure it stays down. I.D.E.A.L. Coaching can help! The “recovery movement” derives structure and success from religious, spiritual and secular principles. I.D.E.A.L. Coaching honors what works within each of these frameworks.
In selecting a Recovery Coach, two ideas are worth noting:
- the experience of recovery cannot be learned in a classroom or educational setting
- a Recovery Coach must have experiential knowledge that complements her or his expertise in approaching each Coaching encounter.
I am a member of the recovery community with demonstrated commitment to its transformative principles and the verifiable results that such commitment reflects. I regularly attend and speak at recovery functions and events and support, mentor, sponsor and coach others– wherever they are– with their recovery efforts. I am not chained to any particular recovery framework. Rather, I recognize there are multiple pathways to long term recovery and am dedicated to helping you find what works for you.
In addition to staying current on the evolving literature of best practices within the Recovery Movement and connecting with other Recovery Professionals, I rely strongly on my personal experience of recovery, restoration and transformation to connect with you where you are.
From your vantage point, I will support you unconditionally as you navigate the emotionally complicated maze recovery presents. And I will work with you until you achieve the Recovery vision you set for yourself.
Recovery Coaching leverages cognitive elements of deepened insight and mindful awareness with behavioral elements that can include harm reduction, decreased use or complete abstinence and changed social and recreational activity. I.D.E.A.L. Recovery Coaching can transform formerly fragmented professionals into effective, purposeful and powerful figures.
HOW DO WE DO IT? — BY EMPHASIZING YOUR STRENGTHS
Many recovery interventions and self-help groups place great emphasis on your “character defects.” They focus on correcting various deficits and have you relive the manner in which these “defects” repeatedly brought trauma or ruin to you and those close to you.
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching focuses on the inherent strengths you possess and that you can put into action today. My approach focuses you on your present circumstances and the exploration of practical options that will move you into the prosperous and fulfilling future you envision for yourself.
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching provides the structured insight, support and accountability crucial to restoring you to wellness. Emphasizing your inherent assets, I.D.E.A.L. Recovery Coaching will help you to::
- Define your unique recovery objectives & the values, resources & strengths necessary & available to achieve them
- Identify your unique triggers & areas of personal concern in maintaining sound recovery practices
- Develop personalized recovery plans & strategies to sustain your recovery over time
- Strengthen your focus & awareness of what choices, options & actions are available for you to act upon today to increase the quality & durability of your recovery
- Identify criss-crossing strengths, principles & strategies that will transform your workplace performance & personal relationships
- Create appropriate benchmarks for measuring your progress in recovery
Recovery Coaching Is Neither Therapy, Counseling nor Sponsorship. Unlike a therapist or counselor, Recovery Coaching does not involve a diagnosis, treatment or a cure. And unlike sponsorship as it is contemplated in 12-step programs, Recovery Coaching does not depend upon, but is friendly toward, the steps, traditions, spirituality and principles of popular step-based programs.
RECOVERY CAPITAL: WHAT DO YOU HAVE? WHAT DO YOU NEED?
What skills, aptitudes and support systems do you have in place– or in the development pipeline? What do you have right now for which you are grateful and find worth preserving and developing further? Who can you lean on for support? Who around you is living the life both inside and outside that you would like for yourself? What qualities do you share with such people that you can put to work for yourself? These are the personal assets you can tap into for support. I.D.E.A.L. Recovery Coaching will help you identify and take ownership of these invaluable assets.
Sometimes referred to as “recovery capital,” I.D.E.A.L. Coaching can help you:
- explore your own innate recovery aptitudes & connect with recovery communities that speak to your unique individual needs
- examine the contours of your willingness, humility, hope, gratitude & expectations
- identify & maximize available family, workplace & educational support resources in YOUR community
- reflect on those values, attitudes, habits, beliefs and actions that either support or undermine your recovery efforts
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching propels you beyond the residue of the fixed and unchangeable past to the promise of the limitless and undefined future. Our objectives include helping you to:
- increase your available stores of HOPE & BELIEF that change is possible for you
- expand your range of choices & rebound quickly from the wrong ones
- identify & draw power from your areas of resistance
- develop & maintain an internal attitude & external environment that promotes your own personal well being
- define a spirituality that is personally meaningful to you & by which you recover a complete and sustained restoration of mind, body and soul.
YOUR Call to Action!
If you’re an attorney or other professional in recovery or would like to discuss workplace substance abuse, addiction or recovery issues of any kind, contact me at (530) 515-5198.
If you’re not ready for a phone call just yet, then email me at CoachPaul@Youridealcoach.com. Lets chat about whether I.D.E.A.L. Recovery Coaching may serve your needs– or those of your firm, organization or someone close to you.
You can also contact me by clicking the contact button below. All contacts are safe, secure and strictly confidential.