Substance abuse and addiction are equal opportunity destroyers, affecting Business Leaders, their organizations, and their stakeholders, just as Attorneys, their families, firms and the clients they serve are affected. Despite the evolving view that addiction is a chronic disease of the brain’s reward system rather than a sign of moral weakness, the very mention of the term “addict” conjures images of Skid Row rather than Savile Row.
If you’re a member of the leadership cadre in your organization, you are not immune from the ravages of addiction or the progression of substance abuse. In fact, your material success and achievement may prevent you from making that critical admission.
I.D.E.A.L. Recovery Coaching for Business Leaders and other Professionals responds to the needs of the high functioning but possibly dependent individual. I work with those from Wall Street to Main Street and from the C-Suite to the modest office suite, employing the strictest discretion and confidentiality in all our contacts .
Unlike other forms of personal coaching, individual executive development occurs within, and aligns with, an organization’s broader initiatives. The relationship intentionally aligns the executive’s development with essential business objectives. Therefore, the definition given above is unique to executive coaching relationships.
For the Executive or Other Professional–Shared Characteristics of Leaders & Addicts:
Describing an Attorney or other Professional as “High Functioning” is to suggest the individual hasn’t yet experienced the severe consequences of her or his substance abuse that would lead one of ordinary prudence to admit to a problem and decide to do something about it.
In fact, the characteristics that enhance a business leader’s effectiveness and success may also reflect elements of an addictive personality. These shared characteristics can include:
- a heightened impulsivity
- a risk-tolerance others find unacceptable
- a need for stimulation & excitement
- lowered measures of self-esteem/self worth
- a tendency toward nonconformity, isolation or alienation
- frequent stress, anxiety or depressive episodes
For the Executive:
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching recognizes the emerging consensus that future organizational leaders will greatly benefit by adopting horizontal leadership styles and competencies rather than the traditional top down-command and control vertical styles of the past.
If YOU are in the C-Suite, I.D.E.A.L. Coaching will help YOU:
- increase your personal power & influence inside & outside your organization
- project authentic personal integrity & commitment to organizational life
- clarify & affirm authentic, value-driven personal vectors
- evaluate & assess your personal & organizational relationships as well as their underlying dynamics
- develop strategies to uncover & maximize performance enhancing behaviors in yourself and your direct reports & minimize or eliminate unproductive tendencies
- effectively adapt to changes brought about by globalization, economic crises, issues of corporate responsibility and accountability, the nearly instantaneous dissemination of information & the constant evolution of change itself.
For the Organization:
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching will help you identify, grow & retain organizational leaders at all leadership levels and promote sustainable leadership behaviors and competencies in such persons, including:
Nurturing High Potentials
An enterprise’s most valued assets are its recognized up-and-comers.
If you are such an individual in your organization, I.D.E.A.L. Coaching will help you to:
- identify blind spots in your performance metric and develop a strategically responsive program to align your leadership objectives with your organization’s needs.
- align your self-perception with those of your vertical and horizontal cohorts to increase your visibility among organizational decision-makers and stakeholders
- provide you the confidence, poise and direction to accelerate your success.
Identifying and developing future leaders is a business necessity. If you are a Manager in an enterprise looking to maximize long-term returns on your organizational investment in human capital, I.D.E.A.L. Coaching can help your organization to:
- improve alignment & performance among your existing & future leadership pool.
- convert soft skills to leadership competencies in emerging performers, enhancing organizational productivity & profits.
- enhance responsibility & accountability amid increased demands for leadership competency, innovation & role-modeling
- retain key executives & senior leaders & develop internal resources to carry the organizational ethos forward
Identifying & Developing Latent Talents
There’s GOLD in them thar hills! Every business enterprise has a vein of recognized, and waiting-to-be-recognized, golden talent. From this vein:
- future leaders are formed
- organizational vision is passed on
- organizational longevity is assured.
Locating and mining the hidden vein is a key organizational asset. As individuals we must always be ready, willing and able to step outside the boundaries of our personal comfort zones. As managers, we must be willing to identify and utilize the complete range of available assets.
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching assists individuals and managers to:
- make the identification & development of hidden talents an organizational priority vertically and horizontally
- seek or develop organizational mentor/role modeling relationships
- build developmental support systems that bring those from different organizational systems into greater contact with one another to achieve organizational objectives
- encourage & exercise personal autonomy, innovation, problem solving & volunteerism.
Fostering Emotional Intelligence
“Emotional intelligence” has become a buzz phrase across many sectors, in part because of the work of Daniel Goleman, but also because Mr. Goleman’s work has been co-opted by the Coaching profession.
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching recognizes changing times require responsive changes to organizational structures. Responsive changes to organizational structures will encounter resistance from entrenched leadership due to:
- fear of change & the risk and short-term disruption it engenders
- perceptions of previously successful leadership initiatives
- problems assimilating new organizational complexities
- diversities among organizational stakeholders & groups, including backgrounds, personal, departmental & systemic values & objectives
However, to inspire organization change, those in positions of leadership must be ready willing and able to lead the charge in driving an organization’s business results in an ever-changing market.
I.D.E.A.L. Coaching works with organizational leaders and stakeholders to:
- fearlessly embrace & manage change to create strategically planned outcomes
- effectively communicate organizational vision & strategy
- build strong, sustainable vertical & horizontal relationships
- foster adaptability, self-awareness, learning capacity, purposefulness & intentionality in managing self and others
- influence others to adopt necessary changes through the development of compelling purpose & vision, role-modeling, reinforcement mechanisms & the expansion of existing abilities.
Please contact Paul Meidus TODAY at (530) 515-5198 or email Paul at CoachPaul@Youridealcoach.com to discuss whether I.D.E.A.L. Coaching meets YOUR needs or the needs of YOUR ORGANIZATION or one or more of its KEY EMPLOYEES. You may also contact Paul by clicking the “contact” button below.
All inquiries are held in the strictest confidence and there is a never a charge for an initial consultation or coaching session. CONTACT PAUL TODAY!